Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Sweet Victory!

It's 12:41 a.m. on June 25th. I've just returned home from a celebration party for Jason Chaffetz who is now the official Republican candidate for Congressman in the U.S. House of Representatives Utah 3rd district. Jason just beat Chris Cannon in a primary contest winning with nearly 60% of the vote!

I am running on fumes. I've been up since 5:00 a.m. on the 24th. I spent most of the day fulfilling my responsibilities as an election judge, where I couldn't talk politics at all, mind you, and then drove 40 minutes to Springville for the "Results Party." This has been a wonderful night. I am thrilled that Jason won.

Now, to sleep, per chance to dream...

3 comments:

Bradley said...

Rusty,

I hope you slept well. I couldn't. I kept waking up all night. The adrenaline wouldn't stop flowing despite being exhausted.

It was such an awesome day. Your family is one of the main reasons it went so well.

I'm going to have a real hard time not gloating today. (I have to keep telling myself "Be nice to the Cannon supporters. Be kind to the losers. Be nice, darn it!")

Thanks for all you've done!

Fe2O3 said...

Thanks Bradley -
While it's true Jen has worked really hard. Non of this would have been possible if we didn't have the right candidate, with the right message to motivate over a thousand volunteers to talk to their friends and neighbors.

Yes, we need to be nice. Jason's victory speech was pure class last night.

Redhoodoos said...

Congratulations!