Monday, June 09, 2008

Reasons for Posting Slowly

Alright, I'm improving on the one-post-per-year average I have going on here. I thought it would be fun to share some of the reasons I don't have a lot of posts happening here.

First, I'm a Scoutmaster and the Troop takes a fair chunk of time to keep running. We recently went to LoneRock in the west desert of Utah. Here are a few pictures from my phone.





First is looking down on our camp from mid-Lone Rock. Notice the leader's tent is far away from the rest of the troop tents. This is so the leaders can get a modicum of sleep. Future Scoutmasters take note.

Second is looking up at the South East corner of Lone Rock while some of the boys and leaders explore. Some of the routes to the top are hard and some are easy. They look like they are on a much sharper slope than it really is.

Third is looking up at the top of Lone Rock where one of the leaders and some boys are taking in the sights. The next day, everyone had a chance to rappel down the north-west face of this rock which is 100 feet above the ground.

No comments: