Thursday, January 01, 2009

Jam Session


My new years celebration was pretty fun this year. After staying up late and getting silly with a bunch of friends, I got up this morning and went to an impromptu jam session hosted by my brother-in-law, Greg Bee. His brother has a warehouse/office building and has converted part of the warehouse into a stage/party room/garage. We played for several hours. My hands were cramping because I play my guitar less often than I write on my blog. Anyway, Greg's wife Cindy blogged about it and has some more pictures on her site. However she seems to have a thing for the drummer so there is only one pic with me in it. (That's me on the far right if you can't tell) Hope everyone else got a chance to have some fun to start the year off right. Happy 2009 everyone.

4 comments:

Megan said...

Yay! Rusty updated! It's a much needed affirmation in my life that miracles DO happen...glad you guys had fun! Let Trevor know if you ever need some vocals! (He plays the trumpet but I don't think that would help you...)

Cynthia said...

I just sent you some other photos you can add to this post!

marky said...

Happy New Year Rusty the rocker! Looking every bit the part, with your Springsteen like guitar. It's good to have a rock every now and then, especially in a rocked out garage complete with a route 66 sign. It reminds me of my second ever gig in a place in Glasgow called Strawberry fields. The band outnumbered the fans, and the fee we received was nowhere near enough to cover the leather trousers I purchased. Hey, looking the part is half the battle.....isn’t it?

Anyway, I hope all is well and you have a fantastic year. Rock on Dude!

Sailor Matt said...

What a great way to open up the new year. 2009's got some great things in store for us, don't you think? Here's to a year full of jam sessions!